Welcome to the Rutland Garden Centre website
Situated in Oakham in the heart of beautiful Rutland, our garden centre offers the Real Gardener great Quality, Value and Choice along with a Friendly and Personal Service.
We specialise in a complete range of plants, trees & shrubs complemented by a full range of hard landscaping products such as paving, decorative aggregates, fencing & sundries.
- Plant flowers for bats and win some fantastic wildlife gardening prize 19 August 2016
- Have a go at square foot gardening 17 August 2016
- Gardeners can play a key role in preventing flooding 15 August 2016
- It’s National Allotments Week this week 12 August 2016
- Just one in four of us come across hedgehogs regularly in our gardens 8 August 2016
Once the last daffodil has died down, don't let your bulb display stop. Dozens of bulbs flower spectacularly right through summer, keeping you in dazzling flowers until well into autumn.
Plant as you would spring bulbs, burying them to three times their depth in crumbly, moisture-retent…Read more »
Leave a review
Tidy up perennials
Cut back perennials that have flopped over, like Artemisia, geraniums and Achillea, to keep your flower borders neat and tidy. Prune the stems back to the ground, feed with a general fertiliser and in a couple of weeks the plant will produce a mound of fresh foliage.